The Brooks Addiction 13 has garnered mixed reviews from runners. While some were satisfied with the shoe’s performance, others thought it was not worth the price. Overall, many still found the Addiction 13 as a motion control shoe that they could recommend to peers.
The Brooks Addiction 13 is a road-running shoe that was developed for overpronators. It is part of a trusted running shoe series that efficiently delivers motion control features to consumers. With a set of synthetic overlays, the updated upper strives to be more comfortable and agreeable to natural movement, especially in the forefoot area.
The enhanced form of the Extended Progressive Diagonal Rollbar® in the midsole now aims to deliver an increased amount of support for overpronators. With more flex grooves on the outsole, the foot is assured of more flexibility when moving.
Brooks Addiction 13 Reasons To Buy
- The shoe was very comfortable to wear right out of the box, stated one tester.
- Several users were amazed at the cushioning delivered by the BioMoGo DNA midsole.
- The sizing was accurate, and the fit was impressive, according to a reviewer.
- Another reviewer commended the rock-solid stability brought by the shoe.
- Many runners declared the Brooks Addiction 13 a useful aid against overpronation.
Brooks Addiction 13 Reasons Not To Buy
- Some runners found the toe box to be a little cramped and uncomfortable for the toes.
- A couple of buyers disliked the weight of the Addiction 13, stating that it was too heavy.
- The shoe made the foot & the arch hurt after just a few hours of use, according to one consumer.
- A reviewer thought that it wasn’t a very justifiable upgrade because there wasn’t much difference from the previous version.
Brooks Addiction 13 Running Shoes
Brooks Addiction 13 size and fit – With a variety of width profiles available, the Brooks Addiction 13 is sure to accommodate any foot structure, either narrow or wide volumes. It is recommended to go true to size. Regarding the width, the men’s version is available in B – Narrow, D – Medium, 2E – Wide, and 4E – Extra Wide, while the women’s version has 2A – Narrow, B – Medium, D -Wide, and 2E – Extra Wide.
Outsole – The HPR Plus outsole is developed using a thick rubber material that is highly resistant to abrasion. It lends an optimal level of durability for long-lasting wear and traction for grip and steady pace. Utilizing an amended MC Pod Configuration, the outsole now displays more rubber pods for better shock absorption and dissipation, as well as a smoother ride.
Midsole – The cushioning of the Addiction 13 features the brand’s very own DNA technology. The DNA uses a kind of fluid gel with a viscosity that adapts to the stress applied to it – the higher the force, the stiffer it becomes. The DNA material is blended with another midsole compound, BioMoGo, for a consistent and long-lasting cushioning throughout the running experience.
An Extended Progressive Diagonal Rollbar® tri-density foam runs the length of the midsole from heel to forefoot. It helps control pronation and promotes more seamless transitions through the gait cycle. There is also a heel segmented crash pad. Shaped like a caterpillar, it efficiently flexes the with the foot for additional steadiness and flexibility, thus ensuring smoother landings.
Upper – A moisture-managing and breathable mesh upper endeavors to bring comfort, ventilation, and protection against heat and friction. It is accompanied by a moisture-wicking interior lining that keeps the foot cool and dry while also delivering a second-skin sensation.
Tough-constructed synthetic overlays are strategically located in the midfoot area of the Brooks Addiction 13 to guarantee structural integrity and optimal support. Both the tongue and collar are made from a light fabric and come with some cushioning to ensure comfort around the foot and to prevent irritation from affecting the skin.